Please see below the early info for NZ 2013 – Via California.
Marco Dell’Isola AKA ” Zell Tours” will be organising another Words trip for 2013 following a successful trip to South Africa which took 45 riders and family to the World Champs in 2010.
It is still too early to have the final airline ticket price quoted for a group booking from Air New Zealand as this must be done 11 months before departure. The final price will be available at the end of August. In the meantime they’ve given a ballpark figure to work out the rough costing on this trip.
To gage interest in who may want to sign up for this package, here is an early itenary and an unconfirmed price that is close to the final figure which will hopefully go down slightly if lower airfares can be negotiated…
1.Leave Heathrow Saturday 14th July 2013 11 hr direct flight and arrive in Los Angeles CA.
The group will be based in Huntington Beach (Orange County) for 6 nights in beach front accomodation one block from Main Street and the pier where all the bars, restaurants and shops are located. I’ve provisionally booked out a whole motel opposite the beach as July booking for groups at the beach can be very difficult as it is peak season and there are only 4 hotels in Huntington Beach near Main Street. To accomadate the group there will be shared rooms the majority being 3 persons sharing. HB is VERY expensive for hotels in JULY, the beach is packed and it’s a great atmosphere as the US Surf Open will have just finished.
Whilst in California, we will ride: Orange YMCA track, Bellflower track, Whittier track, Chula Vista and Simi Valley. The coach will pick you up and drop you back at the hotel after riding and day trips. We will visit infamous Venice Beach aswell as a Hollywood tour as well as time in dowtown San Diego and Mission Beach before riding Chula Vista checking out the Oakley HQ along the way. You’ll be able to check out Sheep Hills trails in Huntington Beach and ride tracks with local AA Pro’s and experience the CA lifestyle.
Families also have the option of visiting Disneyland attractions which is 20 minutes from Huntington Beach in Anaheim (at your own cost). The beach is directly across the road from the motel if people are happy to chill and don’t want to go riding and there is no obligation to do anything you have the option to do your own thing if you choose.
2. Friday Evening leave LA direct flight into Auckland approx 13 hrs. (Land Sunday morning with time difference and date line crossing)
Accomodation TBC, but will either be Sky City tower pictured above, part of the casino and 18 restaurant complex in the city centre or the Mercure hotel in the CBD harbour area which is 400 metres from the track in the Vector Arena. This location is easy 5 minute walk for parents not on bikes. These will be based on 3 people ( 2 x queen beds and 1 x single) and will include breakfast. Double rooms are available for a slight supplement. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping all close by as we are in the heart of Auckland.
3.We will leave Auckland midnight Sunday and land at Heathrow early afternoon on Monday. This will be a continuous journey back via LA with a layover and plane change at LAX. ( You get the day back lost on the way out crossing the date line). I was conciuos of people getting time off work so no layover on return journey. This also keeps the cost down.
A more solid itenary will be available once flights are confirmed, final accomadation confirmed in Auckland. The route and itenary are correct, the accomodation is one of the 2 properties as they are both on hold while I gage interest.
The approx package price to include, flights, coach tours in USA, HB hotel (room only), Auckland coach transfers and hotel with breakfast included is approx £2300-£2400. Again if Air New Zealand quote me a better rate then this will be passed straight on to bring the price down. Also child fares for flights have not been aaccounted for so I expect that figure to be less for children once the airine confirm the rates.
This post is to initially put the feelers out there and gage interest. Once final price is confirmed, then an accurate itenary schedule and confirmed hotel will be announced. At that point should you wish to sign up a deposit will be required in the region of £250pp and the rest due 45 days before we fly.
30 places available, this will be first come first served once package confirmed.
Please come and talk to me at Derby on Saturday if interested in more information and feel free to add comments below.