Here is some information and pictures of the new Bmx track built by Clark and Kent contractors in Burgess Park / Peckham , it looks absolutely amazing .
Peckham club has produced some outstanding riders over the past few years , and now that they have this facility they are going to go from strength to strength.
Track should be open on 6th August .
Open Gallery10 Images
Burgess Park BMX
Welcome to Burgess Park BMX
Burgess Park, one of London ’s largest parks at 56 hectares, has reached its next stage of transformation with the launch of the Burgess Park BMX Track, valued at £1.1m.
Those of you that are keen BMX followers will know all about Peckham BMX and the work CK Flash and his team of volunteers, parents and council staff have put into to getting this project off the ground to where it is today. We are proud to say that Burgess Park BMX is now the new home of the Peckham BMX club.
The council has put in a significant investment into the development of this National Standard BMX track and has received supported funding by these investors; British Cycling, Football Foundation (Playsport Facility), London Marathon Trust, Southwark Council’s Cleaner Green Safer programme, S106 funding and the Olympic Legacy Fund
The new track will be open to the public from Tuesday 6 August and its open day is on Friday 16 August.
The highlights of the open day will include:
- 11am – Coaching sessions for beginners
- 12.30pm – Fun day events start:
- – BMX demos from pro and expert club riders
- – Cutting the ribbon ceremony
- – Strider bike sessions for two to five years
- – Adventure playground, bouncy castle and face painting
- 1.45 to 2.30pm – Racing by age groups
- 2.30 to 2.45pm – Open riding by ages
- 3.45pm – Prize giving
- 4pm – Event closes – and track stays open until 9pm