News dropped today that the long awaited British Cycling indoor track facility will be finished and having it’s grand opening in August, however it will be available to view from the 6th of August. look below for more information.
The UK’s first national BMX centre has announced plans to open its doors two days before its official launch.
On Saturday 6th August 2011, BMX enthusiasts will be able to visit the National BMX Centre in Manchester between 10.00am – 4.00pm on to see the new BMX centre before everyone else.
As part of the day guests will be able to:
• Be shown round on one of our guided tours throughout the day
• See riders going through their paces on the new BMX track
• Take part in a taster session on the velodrome track
• Take part in a leisure cycle ride round Philips Park and Clayton Vale
• Ride on the BMX outdoor circuit
• Participate in Go Ride
• Watch and participate in skateboard displays in the public realm space
• Have your bike checked over by a qualified mechanic
• Register for track sessions at the NCC
• Take away information on all our track programmes
For more information and to book your place visit http://thebmxlaunch.co.uk.
Want to try the centre? Book now!
In addition the new indoor BMX Centre is now open for school and community bookings during term time from 8th August 2011. Gold, Silver and Bronze packages are available for schools which all have clear exit routes into BMX as a sport as well as for activity.
The goal is to target schools, community groups, youth and commercial areas within the community to provide information on BMX programmes, events, community access and more as well as being the most accessible facility for the community.
If you would like to talk through the project further, please call on 0161 223 2244 and ask for Sam Foakes or Susan Williams.
To make a direct booking, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.