Here is all the info you need for the first round of the British BMX series at the NCC Manchester.
The National Cycling Centre – Manchester Presents
2014 British BMX Series Round 1 March 15th-16th
On arrival, please follow the “BMX Event” car parking signs. The National Cycling Centre (NCC) has 2 main car parks for events and an agreement with the local Asda Supermarket and Sport City for further parking. For convenience, there is a bridge linking the parking in the Asda car park with the National Cycling Centre.
If you are directed to the Sport City car park, it will mean that the NCC and Asda car parks are full.
Registration and Sign on Times
Registration for this event is via British Cycling’s online registration system. There is no paper pre- entry format, so for those not taking advantage of the online system, entry on Friday evening and Saturday morning will still be available.
Registration will be available in the main reception area of the NCC on – Friday the 14th March from 6pm until 8pm – Saturday the 15th of March 10am until 1pm
Cash or cheques made payable to British Cycling are acceptable.
You will pick up your event wristband at registration/sign on
Pre Registration Costs:
Link to Pre Entry: www.britishcycling.org.uk/bmx
Pre entry Dates: February the 24th until 8pm March the 12th 2014
Deadline for withdrawal: 14th of March by email: email@example.com
Male and Female up to 16: £15.00 (20” & 24”)
Male and Female 17+ /Junior: £20.00 (20” & 24”)
Elite Men £25.00
Junior SX Open £25.00 (riders must be born in 1997 or 1996)
Elite SX Open: £30.00 (riders must be born in 1995 or before)
On the Day (Friday/Saturday) Entry:
Male and Female up to 16: £20.00 (20” & 24”)
Male and Female 17+ : £25.00 (20” & 24”)
Elite Men £30.00
Junior SX Open £30.00 (riders must be born in 1997 or 1996)
Elite SX Open: £35.00 (riders must be born in 1995 or before)
Rules – British BMX Series
1) The youngest category for riders using clipless pedals is13 years or above.
2) All competing riders must have a valid Silver or Gold membership and a current British Cycling licence. No licence = No race
3) Non UK riders must have a valid 2014 UCI affiliated licence. No 2014 licence = No race
4) BC BMX Racing Regulations apply to all non SX events. The Race Format will be as per National Series Regulations.
5) Elite Men will race from the 8m hill and use all Pro sections
6) Championship Men will race from the 5m hill and use the 2nd amateur straight and 3rd pro straight sections
7) All other categories will race from the 5m hill and only use the Challenge sections.
8) Number Plates a) The required background colour must be clearly visible around and in-between all numbers used. The background colour must not be cut down to follow the contours of a number, but may be cut to follow the design of the number plate or to form one straight line defining the edge of the background. b) All riders must compete using their final standing from the 2013 British BMX Series. Exceptions are: 2013 British Champions 01 2013 World finalists Prefix W 2013 European finalists Prefix E Any rider not competing in the 2013 series Last 3 digits of your BC membership number Non UK riders – Bring your own plate and we will advise you if the number needs to change Male 20” Yellow background – Black numbers Female 20” Blue background – White numbers Cruiser 24” Red background – White numbers Elite Men White background – Black numbers Championship Men Women Black plate – White numbers
9) A copy of the pre registered riders will be posted – ALL riders must check the list. Any corrections to the list must be reported to registration
10) Riders not Pre-registered must register and pay the On the Day race fees at the Registration desk
11) As soon as possible after registration closes a final pre-race list will be published of all riders by class on the display boards. It is the rider’s responsibility to check their entry and report any errors to Race Administration no later than 30 minutes before the start of racing. No changes will be accepted after that time and any incorrect entries may be disqualified.
Rules – British SX Open
1) UCI rules will apply
2) British SX Open Male categories will race from the 8m hill and use all Pro sections
3) British SX Open Female categories will use the 8m hill and use all Challenge sections
4) All competitors/Team Managers must show their valid UCI licence at registration
5) All competitors who have not paid their entry fee by the registration deadline will be withdrawn
6) Five (5) registered riders shall constitute a category. If less than 5 Junior riders register, Junior & Elite may be combined
7) If less than 8 riders, a three (3) moto system will be run to define the result
8) Only riders with a UCI career number may print a number on their race shirt
9) UCI career and top 8 ranking numbers will take precedence over UK career numbers, which in turn will take precedence over riders without a career number
10) Riders will use their own number plates. Number clashes will be confirmed at registration
11) A Team Manager must be nominated for every nationality attending. Each nation will be allowed up to 3 assistant passes (+ 1 Team Manager pass)
12) Riders competing in UCI Elite or Junior events are tied to that category for 2014. Riders scoring UCI points but wishing to race the Challenge World Championships in 2015 must ensure that their points expire prior to World Championships registration opens.
Schedule – Friday
Registration/Rider Check in from 6pm until 8pm in the reception area. For Friday practice, all riders must sign the disclaimer next to their name.
SX & Pro Straight Training
To access this session, riders must be pre registered in the British SX Open, Elite Men or Championship Men. There is no additional cost.
Elite & Junior Women’s Practice (8m hill & am section) 3pm – 3.55pm
Elite & Junior Men’s Practice (8m hill & Pro Sections) 4pm – 5.15pm Championship Men Practice (5m hill & 2nd Challenge and 3rd Pro section) 5:20pm – 5.50pm
This session is controlled by the National Cycling Centre and will cost all participants £5.00. All participants must be valid British Cycling or international licence holders. A consent form must be completed before riding if not pre-entered. There will be a separate consent form to sign for pre-entered riders, which will speed the process up. There will be no pro straight training in this session.
12 and under 6pm until 6.45pm
13 and over 6.45pm until 7.30pm
Open to all 7.30pm until 9pm
Schedule – Saturday
Registration / Rider Check in from 10am until 1pm in the reception area
Saturday Practice (wristbands are required from 10.50am onwards)
Group 1 (Male 6-10, Female 6-10) 10am until 10.45am
Group 2 (Male 11-15, Female 11-16) 10.50am until 11.35am
Group 3 (Male 16, 17-24 to Veteran, Champs Female) 11.40am until 12.25pm
Group 4 Championship Men 12.30pm until 1pm
Group 5 (All Cruisers) 1.05pm until 1.50pm
Saturday Racing – All Cruiser Classes and 20” Classes up to 8yrs
Motos 2:10pm until 3.40pm
Quarter Finals 3.50pm until 4.10pm
Semi Finals 4.20pm until 4.50pm
Finals 5pm until 5.30pm
Saturday British SX Open Schedule
Group 6 SX Open Women Warm Up 5.50pm until 6.15pm
Group 7 SX Open Men Warm Up 6.15pm until 6.45pm
Moto 1 7pm
Moto 2 7.20pm
Moto 3 7.40pm
¼ & ½ finals 8pm Finals 20 minutes after the semi finals
Finish building to be cleared by 9.20pm
Sunday Warm Up
Warm Up With gates Male 9 to 14 , Female 9 to 16 – 8am until 8.35am
Male 15 and over, Female 17 and over – 8.40am until 9.15am
Championship Men – 9.15am until 9.30am
All 20” category Motos except Elite Men 9.45am
Elite Men warm up * 1pm at the earliest for 10 minutes
Elite Moto 1 5 minutes after Warm Up finishes
20” Quarter Finals after Elite Moto 1
Elite Moto 2 after the 20” Quarter Finals
Elite Moto 3 at the start of the 20” Semi Finals
Elite Quarter Finals (if applicable) halfway into the 20” Semi finals
All Semi Finals after Elite Moto 3
All Finals 15-20 minutes after the Semi Finals
Target completion * 5pm
* Times may vary – please listen to announcements from the Commentators.
Please Note: Schedules: especially on Sunday racing will be run with minimum delay – it is the rider’s responsibility to listen to commentary for the start of the next round of racing. Outside these specified Practice and Race times the track will be closed. Marshals and First Aid will not be available outside of these times. Riders/Parents/Team Managers take full responsibility for any incidents that may occur.
Spectator tickets can be purchased upon arrival. A weekend ticket costs:
Children and Adults with a licensed rider £6.00 (2 day pass)
Children (0-3 years) with a licensed rider Free (2 day pass)
Saturday or Sunday spectator pass £6.00
Two day spectator pass £10.00
Please wear your wristband at all times. No wristband = No access
Orange = Club Representative
Blue = Paid Teams, Riders, Traders
Pink = Spectators Saturday Only
Green = Spectators Saturday and Sunday
Please direct all event media enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catering will be situated in various areas of the building including a restaurant, which will be open for meals, snacks and drinks. There will also be vending machines situated all around the building. Please do not bring any hot food into the venue or food in large bags/cool boxes, etc.
A trade area will be situated within the concourse area downstairs. There will be no vehicle access to the concourse. Set up will be Saturday and Sunday morning only. Any retailer wishing to book or enquire about trade space should contact: email@example.com or Tel: 0161 274 2022 by Friday the 1st of March.
Team Area – Inside
There are limited indoor team/club areas which are priced at £150 per 3m x 3m area. The area is only 6m deep, so the maximum space is 6m wide by 3m deep. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 1st of March to enquire about space. Priority will be given to sponsors, elite teams and international teams. A Sunday only option may be available if a Saturday only area is vacated by an international team.
Team & Club Parking
All teams, clubs and traders will have 1 car parking pass, which will allow 1 vehicle to park next to the BMX Centre. Each team and club not purchasing space indoors can also obtain 1 pass to allow access inside the BMX Arena to assist your riders. These can be collected when purchasing spectator tickets. Email: email@example.com by March the 8th with the following details: team name, contact name, vehicle registration and address to send the pass to.
There is no on site camping.
The National Cycling Centre Postcode is M11 4DQ.
There are several Hotels within a 1.5 miles radius.
Search for Sport City Hotels, as the NCC is directly opposite Manchester City Football Stadium.
The NCC is 2 miles from Piccadilly, Manchester’s main line station.
1 mile from Ashbury’s, the closest railway station to the NCC
The NCC is 2.5 – 3 miles from central Manchester, including well known destinations such as: – Afflecks Palace – The Manchester Wheel at Exchange Square – The Northern Quarter – Printworks
The NCC is 9 miles from the Trafford Centre, 5 miles from Manchester United Football Stadium and 6 miles from The Lowry.
Within the Sport City complex, there is an Asda Supermarket stocking everything you may need.
Enquiries: Rick Clarkson firstname.lastname@example.org 0161