British Cycling are now taking applicants for their Olympic Talent Programmes, look below for all the details on how to apply, also this isn’t just for BMX if any of you guys or girls ride XC, Track or Road they are taking applicants for them too.
Applications for membership of the Olympic Talent Programme for all Olympic disciplines (MTB XC, Track, Road, BMX) are now being invited for consideration. The programme is open to both male and female athletes.
Application Process & Criteria For Consideration
Successful applicants will be invited to one of the following selection days:
BMX & MTB focused athletes – Saturday 1 October, Manchester Velodrome / BMX centre.
Track / Road focused athletes – Sunday 2 October, Manchester Velodrome.
To be considered for membership of the Olympic Talent Programme, all athletes must:
1. Must be holders of, or eligible to hold a British Passport
2. Age criteria for Road / Track / MTB – applicants must be born in 1996 or 1997 (shall be Youth A in 2012)
3. Age criteria for BMX – applicants must be born 1994 to 1998 inclusive.
Road/Track/MTB Athletes who meet the above shall be considered for invitation to the selection camp according to the following performance based criteria:
4. Athletes who qualified for the 2011 Youth Omnium Track finals
5. Athletes who have gained a top 10 finish within their age category between January 1 and September 4th 2011in one of the following events:
– National Circuit Series – individual event or overall standings
– British National Circuit Race Championship
– British National Track Championships; Yth A individual event or Yth B omnium overall
– National MTB Series (NPS) – individual event or overall standings
– British National MTB Championships
6. Athletes who have been selected to compete for their region at one of the following events in 2011:
– Inter Regional Road Race Championships
– Inter Regional Track Championships
– UKSG (inc. Inter Regional MTB Championships)
7. Athletes must have made an A Final at a UK National Series event
Other athletes may be invited to apply at the discretion of the Programme Manager. Please note that there are a limited number of places at the selection days and riders meeting the selection criteria are not guaranteed an invite onto a camp; riders will be selected from the applications received and all invites will be sent by email & first class post on or before Friday 9 September.
All applications must be received on the attached application form by 5pm on the 5 September 2011 by post or email. If you choose to submit your application by post, please also send an email to advise of the application having been posted. It is not necessary to submit full CV’s.
Applications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that the email address used to submit the application will be used for all further correspondence relating to the application, so please ensure it is checked on a regular basis and not likely to be closed or become full etc).
Applications by email is preferred, but postal applications can be sent to:
Olympic Talent Programme, British Cycling
National Cycling Centre
Manchester M11 4DQ