Shanaze Reade is on fire at the moment. She just recently took the win on both days at the first round of the European series and backed it up by doubling at last weekends UCI SX Rd 1 at Manchester. So with a number of wins and titles under her belt we thought we’d catch up with her and ask her what are her Top 5 World Championship moments are.
Also don’t forget to enter the Red Bull Shanaze Reade track day event at Crewe BMX Track, which will be happening in September, if you haven’t done so already. Be sure to enter here! – http://getyourwings.redbull.co.uk/athletes/shanaze-reade
Here are Shanaze Reade’s Top 5 most memorable World Championship moments!
1. Winning my first world title back in 2001. I raced in 16 year old girls category and simply knowing that everyone was cheering me on was a massive boost. I actually took home the World Championship title for both 20inch and Cruiser at that event.
2. A memorable but also bad moment was going into the 2005 World Championships with a fractured knee. I tried to defend my previous years world title but I unfortunately crashed out in quarter finals.
3. Winning my very first Junior Women World title in 2006. Brazil.
4. Then my first ever Elite Women World Championships in 2007 in Canada. There was a lot of pressure being the first time racing in Elite, but I managed to take home the W1 plate and title.
5. Roll on 3 years to the World Championships in South Africa in 2010. After huge disappointment at the Beijing Olympics it was nice to get my World Championship jersey back on and feel strong again.
My main goal for 2013 is recreating that feeling again and slipping on that World Championship winners jersey.
Thankyou to Spencer Moret for the use of his images from the Manchester Supercross. To view more of Spencer’s images go to: